As Seen On KCTV5
1 pound portobello mushroom caps
½ cup Chile Marinade
1-2 tablespoons oil of choice for cooking
½ cup pineapple slices, grilled, diced
12 4-inch corn or flour tortillas
¾ cup diced onion
¾ cup chopped cilantro
2 each limes cut into wedges
1. Slice portobello caps horizontally; cut in half, slice thinly.
2. Place portobello slices and Chile Marinade in container, toss to coat, cover and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
3. Place portobello on oiled medium/high grill or skillet. Cook approximately 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and let rest while warming tortillas.
4. Heat tortillas and top with portobello, pineapple, onion and cilantro. Serve with lime.
Makes approximately 12 tacos
7 ounces canned, chipotle chiles en adobo with sauce
1/3 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons achiote paste
2 teaspoons Himalayan Pink or sea salt
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
⅓ cup pineapple juice
1. Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and bring to a smooth consistency.
Makes 1 ½ cups
Note: Traditional toppings for Tacos al Pastor are diced onion, cilantro, diced pineapple, salsa and fresh lime.
Achiote paste is a red-ish paste that can be found in the dry section of a Hispanic market.